Last updated: 15/02/17
The undertakings below inform you about the way your personal data can be obtained and processed by Somfy, as data controller of the personal data processing undertaken on the website somfy.fr or any other website belonging to SOMFY (here after "the Website").
Use of our Website or our services entails automatic acceptance of our policy with regard to protecting the privacy of your personal data. However, insofar as there is a need to collect personal data, we shall ask for your express prior consent on their use in a context other than the service you want to join.
In any case, Somfy is committed to respect the EU and local regulation on personal data and civil liberties. Thus, in case that it's mandatory, Somfy has already notified the data processing undertaken on the website to the relevant authority.
As data controller, Somfy is committed in any case to respect the two following principles:
- You are the only owners of the data we process,
- Your personal data are processed in a transparent, confidential and secured way
"Personal Account": means the interface on the Somfy Websites where all the cutomer's personal data are stored. The customer can access to this interface thanks to his password and username.
"Products : means the items, products and elements sold one of the Somfy Websites.
"Services": means all the services available on the Website,
"Somfy Websites": means all the Somfy's websites : .fr, tahoma.somfy.fr, ma-domotique-somfy.fr, somfypro.fr ou somfy.com, forum.somfy.fr; alarmesomfy.net, isolation-dynamique.fr, boutique.somfy.fr, somfypro.fr, communaute-tahoma.somfy.fr, roomprivee.somfy.fr
I - Information that we request from you
1. Procedure used and the nature of information collected
We may collect and process personal information about you in several ways:
a/ When you are in contact with our company, information collected is processed by computer, in particular in the following cases:
- When you visit Somfy Websites ;
- When you create a customer account in the "My account" area or a business account on Somfy Website ;
- When you purchase a SomfyProduct online or subscribe to a SomfyService;
- When you register any warranty granted by Somfy or by one of Somfy's partners on somfy.fr or via e-mail;
- When you contact us by telephone or by e-mail in order to make use of our specialised technical support or after-sales services (e.g. Somfy Support);
- When you request a quotation or information (e.g. documentation) for one of your projects from one of our business partners referenced on the Somfy Website or by telephone
- When you participate in a satisfaction survey, sponsorship offer, or game on one of the Somfy Websites.
b/ To ensure the performance of our Somfy Services and Products, technical data in relation to your equipment and those relating to the use and configuration of your installation are stored and held on our technical servers for the entire duration of our Services and Products use, in particular for Products compatible with our remote control and connected home automation services (Home Automation Systems).
These technical data and data on usage may also be used by Somfy or any of its partners with your consent in order to offer you services, in particular maintenance and support
Some Somfy Home Automation Services may also require the use of integrated technology of a mobile device (Smartphone, Touch Pad, tablet) to implement a geolocation service. Indeed, subject to the user agreement for this service (the activation of the functionality on the mobile device), the geoocation data of this device can be associated with Somfy application to control the home automation equipment of the user, according to the programmed configurations.
Through statistical processing, these anonymous data allow us to improve our products and services.
c/ When you visit Somfy Websites, we may collect information about what you are doing on these sites by using "cookies". Concerning the use and purpose of cookies, see paragraph II below.
In general, information we collect and process about you is appropriate to the situation and required in order to process your requests. They may be:
- Identification data (such as surname, forename, title, postal address and/or e-mail address, telephone number);
- Data relating to the securisation and management of you customer account (passwords, username);
- Data relating to the commercial relationship (date a service was joined or product sale date, information about a technical problem or a request for assistance, or quotation request)
- Data relating to the organisation of promotional games and contests (date of participation, answers…);
- Data relating to payment means used on the Somfy Websites (bank details…)
- Data relating to the Products you bought (location of your Products, technical data and configuration settings for your connected home automation equipment,…)
- When collecting personal data and information, we tell you whether answers are optional or mandatory
- Any refusal to provide mandatory information will render it impossible to fulfil your request.
We use the personal information and data we collect in order to ensure
- The proper functioning and the constant improvement of the Somfy Websites, and of our Products and Services;
- The compilation of statistics to improve the functioning of the Somfy Websites, and the Products and Services quality;
- The creation and memberships of the Somfy relationship programme;
- The creation and memberships of Somfy Product user communities;
- The completion of marketing studies/surveys;
- The mailing of our newsletters or commercial offers on an opt-in basis;
- The management and monitoring of the commercial relationship
In addition, any anonymous information collected, such as pages visited and requests, gives us a better understanding of your preferences and habits and helps us improve our website in your best interests.
- We may entrust the hosting of our websites or of certain services relating to your data to service providers. You can refuse this by asserting your rights as described below. In this case, access to our services may be affected.
- We may communicate all or part of the data we collect in order to:
- Share this information within the Somfy group;
- Share this information with our partners for direct marketing purposes, subject to your prior agreement;
- Obey the law and requests from the relevant legal or government authorities;
- Undertake legal proceedings or exercise our right to defend ourselves; or
- Prevent fraud or any other illegal activity.
- As part of your visits or Products and Services purchases on the Website, you can click on various social media networks tabs linked to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest. All the personal data you made available and accessible to the public on this social media networks will be accessible to Somfy, and you expressly agree to such use.
Nevertheless, Somfy doesn't create or use any autonomous database integrating your personal data found on these social networks.
If you wish to prevent Somfy from having access to these information available on your public profile on these networks, you shall use the means at your disposal on these networks, in order to limit the access to your personal data.
3. Respecting your preferences
- In accordance with the applicable law or act on information technology, data files and civil liberties, you have a right to access your personal data in order to add to, correct, or delete said data, and to object to your personal data being processed for legitimate purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you can provide proof of your identity and then write to the following address:
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By letter: PO 61456 JAFZA
For business customers:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By letter: PO 61456 JAFZA
In the event you would give a copy of your personal ID in order to give proof of your identity, we will keep it for one (1) year, unless you would send it to object to your personal data being processed. In this last case, we will keep it for three (3) years.
- You can agree to receive commercial offers and information from Somfy by ticking the relevant box during data collection. This allows you to control and restrict the scope of our contact with you.
- We may provide your personal data to business partners in order that they may send you commercial offers and information about other products and services which may interest you. In this case, we will ask you to tick the relevant box if you wish to receive these offers.
II - Automated data collection using cookies
When visiting Somfy Websites, cookies may be installed on your computer, mobile phone, or tablet.
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier installed on your hard drive when you visit a website, mobile application, or advertisement. It stores information about your visits to our sites (the pages you have visited, the date and time of visits, etc.). We can read this information when you next visit the site.
Different types of cookies are used on our sites, and serve different purposes. Some are necessary in order for you to use our sites.
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are necessary in order for our websites to function, allowing you to use their main functions. Without these cookies, you would not be able to use our sites as per normal. These are cookies deposited by Somfy that relate only to the operation of our sites.
These are cookies that provide us with information on the use and performance of our sites, and help us improve their operation (for example, the most visited pages, etc.). Most of these cookies are Somfy cookies.
These are cookies used to present advertisements to you or to send you information on our sites or on other sites that matches your interests whilst you are online. They are used in particular to limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Blocking these advertising cookies does not affect the use of our sites. However, blocking them will not prevent advertisements from appearing on our websites or on the internet.
Blocking advertising cookies will only result in advertisements that do not take your interests or preferences into account. In the main, these cookies are third-party cookies and depend mainly on advertising companies. We are unable to provide an exhaustive list of these companies.
3. Blocking or disabling cookies
Cookies are managed by your browser. You can configure your browser at any time to delete cookies from your hard drive, prevent new cookies from being saved, or receive a warning message before cookies are saved in order to block them.
In this way, you can automatically block cookies by configuring your browser as follows:
Most browsers allow you to manage your preferred cookies. You can set your browser to block or delete certain cookies. In general, you can also manage similar technologies in the same manner using your favourite browsers.
The following links show how to manage cookies according to the type of browser used:
- If you use Internet Explorer:
- If you use Firefox:
- If you use Google Chrome:
- If you use Safari:
In any event the cookies stored on your terminal or any other thing used to identify you in statistical purposes will not be kept beyond thirteen (13) months. After this date, the data relating to the website attendance linked to a username will be deleted or anonymized.
III- General rules governing personal data
1. Length of time personal data are stored
We store your personal data as used during our commercial relationship with you only for the time needed to manage said relationship.
The data relating to your personal account (username, password) will be retained during maximum three (3) years from the date:
- you closed or deleted your personal account,
- we obtained them,
- of our last correspondence
Bank details (where applicable) are handled by our service provider and are only held for as long as is necessary for the relationship or transaction and in accordance with the applicable law. In any event, the data relating to the visual cryptogram are not retained and the banking data are deleted after when the credit card expiration date is reached.
The technical data and date on usage related to the use of your products will be kept for one year from their collection, except in case of anonymization of the data.
2. Security of personal data collected
We have put in place the technical resources needed to prevent the accidental or abusive destruction, loss, deterioration, unauthorised disclosure, or modification of, or access to, your personal data.
Employees with access to your personal data undertake to respect their confidentiality.
3. Links to other websites
The fact that we enable you to access other websites by means of hypertext links shall not render us liable for any practices relating to personal data on these sites.
The person responsible for data collection is Mr. Wilson Augustin.
Somfy Middle East Co. Ltd, Somfy Gulf JAFZA Bran
Telephone: +971 4 88 32 808Or by e-mail: